I am a Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist working with adults in NW London.
I have over 20 years experience in private practice, in the NHS and in the voluntary sector.
I am a registered professional member of The British Psychoanalytic Council, and trained at the former London Centre for Psychotherapy, now the British Psychotherapy Foundation www.britishpsychotherapyfoundation.org.uk
I currently work in private practice, at the Camden Psychotherapy Unit in Kentish Town, and am a member of The Inner City Centre, an association of psychoanalytic psychotherapists based in the City of London.
Alongside working in private practice, I have extensive clinical experience in a number of NHS health settings i.e. as a counsellor in a number of
GP practices in London, and in a Neurological Rehabilitation service in NW London. There I worked alongside rehabilitation therapist colleagues to assist people with neurological and degenerative conditions to come to terms with their physical and psychological injuries which often lead to profound losses and life changes.
I regularly publish in peer reviewed journals.
- The Kick-off-Head-Crew: psychotherapeutic work with acquired brain injury on an NHS neurological rehabilitation unit. In: Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy. Jan 2010
- Two Accidents, One Survivor: Neurological and Narcissistic damage following traumatic brain injury. In: Psychodynamic Psychotherapy May 2006.
- Blue Skies or Dinosaurs: the future of psychoanalysis. In: New Associations, BPC. 2013, joint article: Nigel Burch and Mary Pat Campbell. www.psychoanalytic-council.org
- Psychosomatics, the uses of psychotherapy. By Peter Shoenberg. In: British Journal of Psychotherapy 2009, 2: 279-283. www.wileyonlinelibrary.com/journal/bjp
- Psychosomatics Today: a psychoanalytic perspective. In: British Journal of Psychotherapy 2012, 4: 536-538. www.wileyonlinelibrary.com/journal/bjp
Upcoming book review:
- ‘It’s all in your Head : True Stories of Imaginary Illness’. by Suzanne O’Sullivan. Chatto & Windus, London 2015. Review to be published in May 2016 edition of The British Journal of Psychotherapy. www.wileyonlinelibrary.com/journal/bjp